Monday, May 23, 2011

Announcement: Summer 2011 Plan

I can't believe that I'm even typing this: The 2010-2011 broadcast season is almost over. (*) What that means is the broadcast networks hide in their reality TV holes and the cable networks bring out their big guns and take over the scripted game. I was just looking at the summer TV schedule and I put together a list of shows that I will be covering this summer. You can find that after the jump.

I must begin this list by saying that I won't be covering any reality TV. I know that the deep themes and fantastic symbolism involving the Big Balls on Wipeout are screaming for analyzation, but I won't be doing it.

However, the shows I will be covering on a weekly basis are: Men of a Certain Age (June 1) and Breaking Bad (July 17).

There's also a class of TV that I will be watching on a weekly basis, but will only be covering if the episode justifies a review. These shows include White Collar (June 7), Burn Notice (June 23), Warehouse 13 (July 11), Eureka (July 11), Covert Affairs (June 7), Royal Pains (June 29), and Leverage (June 26).

There are also many new series premiering in this time. I can promise reviews for Falling Skies (June 19) and Wilfred (June 23) before the shows air, but with other new shows I will only be writing about it if I get screeners or if the show justifies it. If a show joins the weekly rotation is determined by how much I like the show.

I'm also very excited to announce, that over the summer a very good friend of mine will be joining the blog. My friend Billy S. will be writing about Louie (June 23) on a weekly basis.

I will also be covering three other series for the Old TV Watch Project. You can find more information by clicking here.

So that's the list. Who's excited for summer?

Update 6/1: Added premiere dates and removed old in-season information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!