Friday, January 21, 2011

Parenthood "Opening Night"

Unfortunately a lack of time this week has prevented me from getting to Tuesday's Parenthood until today. My brief review of the epsiode is after the jump.


I wish I had time to do a longer review of this one. The episode was very good.

The Haddie/Alex/Adam/Kristina plotline is moving along nicely. The drama is being hyped up and I’m very much invested. I really do hope this relationship succeeds, if for no other reason then I like Michael B. Jordan and hope he sticks around. I find myself enjoying this plotline, the hyped drama is working for the episode.

Then to contradict the dramatic heart of the show there were 2 plotlines. The Sarah/Drew wrapping paper plotline was very sweet but it didn’t have much of an effect on the episode and my enjoyment of it. The Crosby/Jasmine/Jabbar plotline was very good. It was very lightweight and worked very well. It also made me think, how many of those shows did I make my parents sit through?

Overall, a very good episode of a very good show.

What did everybody else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!