Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cougar Town-"Lost Children"

My review of tonight's episode of Cougar Town is after the jump.

What I like best is when the show does an episode that really doesn't try too hard to be funny. Tonight's episode felt like what Cougar Town usually feels like, a show that knows what it does well and is very good. The episode hit the combination of being funny and being heartfelt very well.

The Jules/Ellie plotline at points felt like it would cross the line between funny and stupid but it never did. What prevented that was having everyone in the pickup truck together. That scene was the most I laughed at a scene in a comedy for a while. That scene was a good payoff to very immature actions between the two characters (but I shouldn't be surprised, I know this show too well).

The Bobby plotline really didn't fit in. It seemed like a way to include the character in the episode. It was very funny (the tag and anything with the characters talking about others behind their back were great) but it didn't quite fit in with the rest of the episode.

The Andy/Grayson plotline had it's moments (Andy tied up to a tree!) and was very, very funny when it wanted to be. And when it wanted to be heartfelt it succeeded with being heartfelt.

I loved this episode, if for no other reason, then because it featured the return of Penny Can (my favorite game the show has done) and the new game "Sardines in a Can." I liked the new game mostly because it put everyone in a pickup truck at the end of the episode. The payoff to it was very funny.

This weeks title gag: "Do We Really have to keep doing this?" (I'm not sure if that's 100% correct but it has the general idea).

Overall, a good episode of a show I really enjoy watching.

What did everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!