Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How I Met Your Mother-"Last Words"

My review of last night's very good episode of How I Met Your Mother is after the jump.
Last night's episode really didn't try to be an episode of a comedy. If it did, it might have been much worse then it was. What it was, was a very good episode that really showed the human side of the show. Sure there were the moments when Barney kicked Ted in the nuts and Danny Strong (*) appearing as a school-age bully, and Robin having the "Mary Poppins" bag full of everything that you could possibly want or need (**). That's not what stuck. What stuck were the moments where the show decided to go to a darker place.

*It was great to see this Buffy alum my TV screen again, even if he wasn't the best character in both Buffy and this show.

**This was the only part of the comedic subplots that clicked 100% with me. It was one of the better Robin  subplots in awhile.

It was those human and dark moments that made this episode one of my favorites of the season. When Marshall is shouting to God was one of the better scenes that I've seen on a comedy in awhile. Jason Segal has played the end of this episode and this episode brilliantly. Alyson Hannigan, who we know can do dramatic moments very well from Buffy, was also amazing in these two episodes.

This episode ends up as one of my favorites this season and a good example of how a comedy could show a darker side.

What did everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!