Sunday, January 23, 2011

Capsule Reviews week of 1/17/11-The Big Bang Theory, Community, Cougar Town and more

This was a week that I didn't have a lot of time. For weeks like this I'm introducing a new thing called capsule reviews. These are reviews that can range from a sentence to a paragraph and they sum up my view of a show. I'll do these for shows that I don't have a lot of time for or shows that I don't like enough to write out a full review. The first set of capsule reviews is after the jump.

No Ordinary Family:  Tuesday's episode was better then most of the season so far. It was the first one that didn’t come off immediately as contrived and stupid. What worked was the cast is trying their hardest to give good performances and the effort showed. I’ll admit that I haven’t been a fan of the show. It just hasn’t fit with what I wanted the show to be. It also has a campy superhero comedy combined with a dramatic superhero show. One of these two identities needs to go away. This show needs to find itself and fast. While this episode is a step in the right direction I don’t find it particularly good.

Cougar Town: Another solid episode with some very funny moments. There’s nothing I really disliked about it. All the plots had their moments and really worked.

The Big Bang Theory: A fairly funny episode of the Big Bang Theory. With this show you know exactly what you’re going to get every week and I love what I’m seeing.


Community: A fun, normal episode of the show. For me the normal episodes are even better then the reference episodes so this was a blast. It had some great character moments and some very funny moments. (I wish I had time to dissect more, damn midterms).

30 Rock: A fun episode that certainly had it's moments. Had nothing to complain about but nothing to particularly praise as hysterical either. It continued to prove how well Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin work together. 

Outsourced: I couldn’t even make it through the episode. It was not at all funny in any way, shape, or form. It’s essentially Indian joke after Indian joke. It’s way too stereotypical. It’s safe to say that I will never watch this show again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!