Monday, January 17, 2011

Chuck-"Chuck vs the Balcony"


My brief review of a very, very good episode of Chuck is after the jump.
"Forget about the perfect moment. All you need is the girl."-Casey

When Chuck returns from an hiatus the anticipation builds while the show is away and O expect the episode to be great. Tonight's episode exceeded that expectation. This episode was a roller coaster ride of many emotions. And these emotions were put together in what was one of the best episodes of the season.

Where I guess I should begin is Chuck's proposal. From the opening to the closing the show had me feeling all the ups and downs that Chuck and Sarah were feeling. It had me feeling disappointment in the beginning (although who could expect a proposal that early on in the episode?) It had me feeling nervous as Chuck continued to have opportunities taken away from him.

And it had a great buildup to that scene on the balcony. I could write about that scene forever but all I'll say is that was brilliant. It was brilliantly played by Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski. They nailed what the characters would be feeling in this situation. I'll admit that I got a little teary eyed. It was a beautiful scene.

Joshua Gomez played the perfect double agent. He led the side mission with relative ease. He has been doing great work all year and this cements it. Plus the Morgan-Sarah dynamic is one of the most underrated dynamics the show has. Works every single time.

Another thing I liked about that was that it showed another side of Casey. Adam Baldwin was spectacular in his speech.This side is rarely shown, but is welcome when it does.

And then there's the ending. I should have known that the proposal was getting interrupted but I didn't. I didn't think that Sarah would have to go undercover. All I know is that based on the ending of tonight's episode alone the next two will be great.

In the mission of the week, we had a good plotline. It didn't have much affect because of everything else that was going on around it. Which is another way of saying it didn't hinder my enjoyment of the episode at all. Plus it gave the team an excuse to go to France.

In the Buy More we had more classic silliness. I felt bad for Lester, I had my brief hope that he would finally find love. Also, the return of Jeffster was great, if not a little awkward. It was a funny Buy More storyline, as far as those go.

Overall, an awesome episode of a great show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!