Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update: Breaking News: JK Rowling Announces Pottermore

A Pottermore Screenshot
Credit: Warner Bros/JK Rowling
Update Thursday 6/22 1:20 PM: So now we know exactly what Pottermore is. It's essentially an online community for people to read the Potter books. It's going to be the online presence for the series with e-books, audiobook downloads, and most importantly: exclusive, new content from JK Rowling. For more information, MuggleNet has the press release and some photos here.


UPDATE WEDNESDAY 6/22, 9:40PM: The owls are gathering at http://www.youtube.com/jkrowlingannounces/! Can't wait to find out what Pottermore is! Look for a post as soon as I can tomorrow (which may be in the afternoon).

I know this blog is about TV, but I have to report on this story as it broke.

About two hours ago, JK Rowling sent a link to ten Harry Potter Fansites with a set of coordinates. The instructions were to go to http://www.secretstreetview.com/ and enter each coordinate. When you enter the coordinate and zoom down to street view, there's a letter.

Nine Letters have been released so far. You can find the links to the coordinates here. (I'm sourcing MuggleNet) I'm putting what they spell after the jump just in case you want to figure it out for yourself. It's OK, I can wait...


Now that you've figured it out or just clicked through, you know that they letters revealed so far spell

ORE POTTER.

Now, assuming I'm correct, the missing letter is "M" making MORE POTTER.


If this means what I think it means, JK ROWLING MIGHT BE MAKING MORE POTTER!

Is anyone else as excited as I am?

Update 6:05PM: Looks like I was wrong, it's not More Potter, it's Pottermore! JK Rowling has officially announced that something is coming called Pottermore. I don't know what it is, but you can see the teaser site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!