Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall TV 2011!

"Chuck" will be a show that is covered regularly on this site.
Credit: NBC
It's that time of year again folks! The fall TV season started yesterday, so I'm a day late in publishing my "What I will cover this fall" post. Everything you need to know about my coverage of the fall TV season is after the jump.


I must start by saying that I am now back to a normal posting schedule. I will be writing more for the site starting this fall. I know I said this at the end of the summer, but that was before I went on a long vacation and had a lot of other stuff to do. I can't say that my schedule has completely cleared, but I will be able to find time easier in the fall then in the summer.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, it's time to get back to the television! I should have at least 3-4 full reviews each week (I consider a review above 600 words to be a full review), and a few other shorter posts each week. What shows get what treatment will depend on the content of each episode and my schedule that week.

The shows that should receive weekly posts are the following: Parenthood, Community, Parks and Recreation, Chuck, The Good Wife (which I discovered over the summer), and Archer.

There will be other returning shows to which I will be giving coverage. I will cover the first few episodes of this season of Glee, but I don't know if I am interested enough to continue beyond that. If the Office's transition works, it could end up in the rotation, but it may collapse. How I Met Your Mother will have to work very hard to keep its place in the weekly rotation. I will look at shows like Modern Family, the Middle, Happy Endings, and the Big Bang Theory when the episode deserves it. 

I will also be sampling the following new shows: 2 Broke Girls, Terra Nova, Ringer, New Girl (for which I have seen the pilot already), Suburgatory, A Gifted Man, Once Upon a Time, and Pan Am. I will try to put up at least a short post on each of these pilots and full reviews of shows that deserve them. 

Some other notes:
  • My site's big launch into the fall season will be with the Emmys. I will be covering them with a prediction post tomorrow and a live blog on Sunday. Look for more information on that later.
  • On the Old TV Watch Project: I'm embarrassed that I have not given Serenity its due with a lengthy review. That will be online by the end of the month. I will also resume Veronica Mars on Sunday October 2nd and will be covering 2-4 episodes a month.
  • Update: Renew/Cancel will also be making its big return to the site starting in the second week of October. It will retain its recurring status, appearing every 2-4 weeks. 
That is all that I have for now! Stay tuned to your Facebook and Twitter feeds for posts as they are published. I'm looking forward to my first fall covering TV, and I hope that you are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some ground rules for you to follow when commenting here:
1. This is probably the most important rule: be nice. I will not tolerate any rudeness towards other commenters or myself.
2. Be relevant, comments will be deleted if they are not relevant to the discussion.
3. No spoilers, I and many other people don't want to know what your mother's, sister's, best friend's, brother said about what's going to happen on Chuck. There are many places for discussing what's going to happen on the show in the future, this isn't one of them.
4. Please hit preview to preview your comment before pressing post comment to be sure that it will be logged.

Thank you, keep reading, and enjoy the conversation!